[Alistair Millar Design Engineering Limited] (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is [Alistair Millar Design Engineering Limited] of [Suite N, Unit 4, Diss Business Park, Diss IP22 4GT)].
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site [www.amdesign.co.uk] (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, [search for a product], [place an order on our site], [participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site], [enter a competition, promotion or survey], and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph,.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If [Alistair Millar Design Engineering Limited] or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
By giving consent you agree that the Company can hold and process personal information about you for a period of 2 years. Examples of the information you may provide us with are as follows:
- Date of birth
- Contact details, including telephone number, email address and postal address
- Experience, training and qualifications
- National insurance number
Sensitive personal data
- Disability/health condition relevant to the role
- Criminal conviction
Your consent to the Company to process the above personal data will be for the following purposes:
- For the Company to provide you with services.
- For the Company to process or transfer your personal data to their clients in order to provide you with services, provided you agree with whom.
- For the Company to process your data on a computerised database.
- Enabling you to submit your CV,
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between AM DESIGN and third parties in relation to your contract;
- Facilitating our payroll and invoicing processes;
- Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
- Verifying details, you have provided using third party resources (such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests), or to request information (such as references, qualifications and potentially any criminal convictions, to the extent that this is appropriate and in accordance with local laws)
- Send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events, and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you
- Market excerpts of your details to our Client base with the purpose of generating interest and suitable projects on your behalf (only where we have obtained your express consent to do so in advance)
You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time by informing the Company that you wish to do so.
- The lawfulness of processing conditions for personal data are:
- Consent of the individual for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual or in order to take steps at the request of the individual to enter into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that the controller is subject to.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the individual which require protection of personal data, in particular where the individual is a child.
- The lawfulness of processing conditions for sensitive personal data are:
- Explicit consent of the individual for one or more specified purposes, unless reliance on consent is prohibited by EU or Member State law.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out data controller’s obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement, providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and interests of the individual.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another individual where the individual is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- In the course of its legitimate activities, processing is carried out with appropriate safeguards by a foundation, association or any other not-for-profit body, with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and on condition that the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes) and provided there is no disclosure to a third party without the consent of the individual.
- Processing relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by the individual.
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of EU or Member State law which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued, respects the essence of the right to data protection and provide for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and interests of the individual.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for assessing the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of EU or Member State law or a contract with a health professional and subject to the necessary conditions and safeguards.
- Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of healthcare and of medicinal products or medical devices, on the basis of EU or Member State law which provides for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the individual, in particular professional secrecy.
- Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued, respect the essence of the right to data protection and provide for suitable and specific measures to safeguard fundamental rights and interests of the individual.
Where AM DESIGN has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- When executing services for our client(s) and a candidate has placed their details on a job board, we would process your data from a job board to contact you to discuss this opportunity or similar roles
- When a candidate has made a direct application to one of our projects via job boards and/ or directly through our website
- Source of the personal data
AM DESIGN sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data directly from you, the data subject or by the following means:
- Job board & CV databases
- Company website
- Social Media
This information came from a publicly accessible 3rd party source.
Categories of data
AM DESIGN has collected the following personal data on you:
- Name/contact details
- CV with details on your employment information and any other personal data you have included
Sensitive personal data:
- Eligibility to work in the UK / Visa requirements if stated on the job boards
Recipient/s of data
AM DESIGN will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
We may share your personal data with various parties, in various ways and for various reasons. Primarily we will share your information with prospective employers to increase your chances of securing the job you want. Unless you specify otherwise, we may also share your information with any of our group companies and associated third parties such as our service providers where we feel this will help us to provide you with the best possible service. Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also use your personal data for things like marketing, profiling and diversity monitoring. Where appropriate, we will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
We will share your data: (i) primarily to ensure that we provide you with a suitable pool of Candidates; Unless you specify otherwise, we may share your information with any of our group companies and associated third parties such as our service providers to help us meet these aims.
Unless you specify otherwise, we may share your information with any of our group companies and associated third parties such as our service providers and organisations to whom we provide services.
REFEREES AND EMERGENCY CONTACTS:
Unless you specify otherwise, we may share your information with any of our group companies and associated third parties such as our service providers and organisations
to whom we provide services.
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- Information is necessary for the conclusion of a contract in the interest of the data subject between the controller and another legal person, thus we would be unable to aid in setting up a contract of employment
- In absence of compliance documentation, we would not be able to complete our obligation to our client
- We would not be able supply our 3rd parties with your information to set you up on services i.e. timesheets system and payroll
AM DESIGN will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where AM DESIGN has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so for 2 years. Upon expiry of that period AM DESIGN will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted AM DESIGN will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data AM DESIGN processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data AM DESIGN processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to AM DESIGN processing your personal data/ and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by changing your preferences by contacting Emma Rix @email@example.com
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Emma Rix firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.